“The Grand Canyon State,” known for its most iconic geographical feature, is also home to many other things! The state is among the top locations for establishing a cosmetology career. So, if you are planning to start your cosmetology career, I have curated a list of the best cosmetology schools in Arizona.
The list goes in no order, without delaying any more let’s dive in to explore the best cosmetology schools in Arizona (maybe you find your dream school here!)
- Avalon School of Cosmetology, Phoenix
- Carsten Institute of Cosmetology, Tempe
- Aveda Institute, Phoenix
- Penrose Academy
- Empire Beauty School, Avondale
Table of Contents:
- 1 Avalon School of Cosmetology, Mesa
- 2 Carsten Institute of Cosmetology, Tempe
- 3 Aveda Institute, Phoenix
- 4 Penrose Academy
- 5 Empire Beauty School, Avondale
- 6 Wrapping Up
Avalon School of Cosmetology, Mesa
Avalon School of Cosmetology, founded in 1967 in Mesa, Arizona is a nationally accredited cosmetology school. The college was accredited in 1972 by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS).
The college has a forty-year history of providing professional training in the cosmetology field. The college was first incorporated as Joy Etc. Ltd in 1993. Later in 2008, it came under EA Education Inc. and was renamed Avalon School of Cosmetology.
Avalon School of Cosmetology is known for providing the best cosmetology education. The courses are curated in a way its courses help with real-world problems. The highlights of Avalon school of Cosmetology include:
- The school hires educated and experienced teachers from the industry.
- Advanced training in beauty and wellness.
- Professional training for students to prepare them for real-world problems.
- The classes are curated to keep everyone’s comfort in mind.
- The program is flexible and offers classes both day and night.
How to Apply
The application process is simple. For admission, you have to fill the application form available on the official website or you may call the college to request an application.
Once you submit your application, A representative from the admissions department will contact you regarding further details.
The Phoenix campus of Avalon School of cosmetology provides the following basic courses:
- Student instructor.
- Master esthetician.
Apart from the basic courses, they also provide the following advanced add-on courses:
- Advance hair extension.
- Makeup artistry.
Class Scheduling in Avalon Cosmetology School
The next classes in Avalon Cosmetology school will start from the following dates:
Avalon School of Cosmetology provides financial assistance to eligible students. The school aims to provide quality education with minimal financial requirements so the school tries to provide financial assistance to all those who qualify.
All eligible students can fill the Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Students who are not eligible for federal financial assistance need not worry may apply for other payment plans. For reference and assistance, you may download the Funding Education Beyond High School as a resource.
School website- https://avalon.edu/
Carsten Institute of Cosmetology, Tempe
Carsten Wilms established the Carsten Institute of Cosmetology in 1990 to provide excellence in cosmetology education in Tempe, Arizona. The institute is known for providing unique techniques and skills required in the beauty industry. The curriculum is set to keep in mind the latest trends in the beauty industry.
Carsten Institute of Cosmetology is accredited by the National Accreditation Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NAACCS). The Institute is also a member of the Intercoiffure Mondial Network, which is a world-renowned salon association and influenced the rate of top-class placements of Carsten graduates.
The courses which are present in Carsten Institute of Cosmetology are:
- Cosmetology Instruction
The Carsten Institute of Cosmetology is famous for teaching the French Haircutting method. This method was developed in Carsten Wilms and is famous worldwide.
The institute is also known for its Intelligent Nutrients program. This comprehensive program is unique to Carsten and provides detailed training in skin and hair health. The course also delves into aromatherapy and nutritional supplements.
The admission rate in Carsten Institute is 100%. You may apply online.
Aveda Institute, Phoenix
Aveda Institute is a premier educational institute providing excellence in cosmetology education and training. Horst Rechelbacher established Aveda Institute in 1977, to give the best natural and organic hairstyling.
The institute is equipped with the state of art infrastructure and the latest education methods according to industry standards.
The Aveda Institute Phoenix campus is on the west side of Tempe. The campus attracts students from all over the United States to start their careers in f the beauty industry.
The Aveda Institute boasts cruelty-free and 100% vegan products. The Campus prepares its students to ready in a professional way work in the world’s best salons and spas.
The Campus has the following courses:
- Cosmetology: The course includes the basics of hairstyling, manicures, brow tinting, basic cosmetic treatments, facials, and makeup.
- Esthiology: The course includes the different aspects of skin treatments, facial massage, detoxification, and masks treatments.
- Hairstyling: The course includes details about extensive hairstyling education, coloring, cutting, and other latest techniques.
- Esthiology or Cosmetology Instructor: The course is a great fit for those who want to share their education, experience, and knowledge with others. The course is curated to provide the best education to prepare future teachers.
After you enroll in your preferred course, the next thing you want to know is what career opportunities you have. After graduating from Aveda Institute, you can work in the following places:
- Makeup artist
- Hair Style specialist
- Spa or salon owner
- Paramedical Aesthetician
- Freelance Makeup Artist
- Makeup Artist for Movies
|Tuition Fees||Cosmetology Kit Fees||Registration Fees||Application Fees|
|Cosmetology Educator & Esthiology Educator||$500||NA||$150||
Aveda Institute provides financial assistance through the following ways:
- VA benefits
- Federal student loans
- Monthly payment plans
- Private loans
School website- https://avedainspiregreatness.com/phoenix-campus/
Jill Kolder founded The Salon Association, but she saw the gap of professional and business knowledge in the industry. In response, she founded Penrose Academy
Penrose Academy includes business skills along with the technical skill training of beauty education.
The key features of Penrose academy education curriculum are:
- It teaches the 6 R’s of business education.
- Incorporation of leadership skills.
- Bringing cultural awareness
- Help students curate an industry-standard portfolio.
- Teaches students of public speaking and development of communication skills.
- Social media management.
- Increase of financial awareness.
The admission team of Penrose Academy is present to assist you. For admission, you can fill the Contact Us form or you can call at 480-222-9540 to get relevant information. You can also schedule a campus tour and can get details about scholarships, and student aid.
Penrose Academy provides the first of its kind in hybrid cosmetology programs and also offers hybrid hair styling and esthetics program.
- Cosmetology Hybrid
- Hair Hybrid
- Esthetics & Esthetics Hybrid
- Faculty Certification
Penrose academy does its best to provide financial aid to everyone in need. Eligible students for the financial aid program may receive aid The financial aid package differs with every student according to their needs.
The available financial aid programs include :
- Pell Grants
- Federal Stafford loans
- Federal Parent PLUS loans
Apart from financial aid, the academy also offers scholarships. The various scholarships available at Penrose Academy include:
- Penrose Academy 2017 High School Senior Scholarship
- Beauty Changes Lives | CND Tippi Hedren Nail Scholarship
- NCEA’s Esthetician Scholarship
- AACS Careers in Beauty Grants and Scholarships
- Community scholarships, etc.
School website- https://penrose.edu/
Empire Beauty School, Avondale
Empire Beauty School has emerged as one of the best cosmetology schools in Arizona with its vision to provide cosmetology career-oriented education. Empire Beauty School curates its cosmetology programs by keeping in mind both the personal and professional developments of the students which empowers them to excel in the professional beauty industry.
Empire Beauty Schools opened its doors in 1953 and now extends to over 21 states in the USA. It is an accredited school. The school also has an association with the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators, making it simple for students to get aid and afford tuition.
To attend Empire Beauty School, you may fill out their application from the official website. You must complete one admission assessment based on your chosen area of study.
During admission you must carry the following documents:
- A copy of photo identification issued by the Federal Government or your home state.
- A copy of your high school diploma or equivalent certificate.
- If you are from another country, you must go through the evaluation from a required agency like World Educational Services (WES), or Global Language Services.
- Your career planning interview (results?)
- Your complete enrollment package.
- If you are applying as a cosmetology instructor, you must have one year of practical practice as a cosmetologist.
Empire Beauty school provides the following courses:
- Educator training
- Esthetics program
- Nail technology program
Empire Beauty school focuses on providing affordable education to all. They have different financial aid and scholarship programs for eligible students. The financial aid available includes:
- Federal Pell Grant (PELL)
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program
Other financial aid programs apart from these are:
- Empire Beauty School’s National Educator scholarship.
- Empire Beauty school kids’ peace education endowment.
- Good attendance scholarship.
- High school scholarships, etc.
The beauty industry is all shiny and glittery. But to set your foot firmly in this industry you need to get proper education and training. Cosmetology schools play an important role in shaping your future.
Graduating from the most popular cosmetology schools in Arizona will help you set your career more firmly than ever.
Have a successful cosmetology career!